Model Maker - Productization Lab
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join this amazing team where we use leading edge technology to create high precision prototypes out of a variety of materials. You will be joining a highly motivated team, where extensive innovation and collaboration among team members craft a positive alignment. Problem solving will be key in this environment. In this position you will utilize state of the art CAD/CAM (NX / Cagila) software, CNC machines and laser tools to quickly create professional quality representations of Apple’s Industrial and Mechanical Product Designs. This is a think on your feet, prototype environment, there is no better place to do the best work of your career.
- You have excellent social communication skills working with designers, engineers, and other lab personnel in a reciprocal team focused environment.
- 6+ years of Prototype manufacturing experience in a dynamic, quality focused environment.
- Experience with laser welding, ablation, and cutting process parameter development, while working with Fiber and CO2 lasers.
- Familiarity with Ultrafast (Femtosecond) lasers a plus.
- A working understanding of 3D rapid prototyping machines.
- Journeyman level machine operation and setup in a prototyping environment. Multiple disciplines of manufacturing experience desirable.
- Create quality parts while consistently holding tight tolerances (.002”/ .05mm).
- Utilize standard methodologies to deftly yield a predictable end result.
- Ability to work independently on new assignments.
These prototypes will be used in many areas of our company and are very meaningful to the business units. From validating our mechanical designs to building fixtures for reliability teams and even presenting new concepts to the executive management team
Education & Experience
2 yr degree or certificate of achievements related to manufacturing or CNC preferred