Operator/Set Up Machinist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Product Realization Lab is looking for a Mid to High level CNC set-up machinist who will be responsible for preparing materials, setting up and operating multiple CNC machines, spot checking finished components, all while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- 3+ years of experience setting up and operating computer numerical controlled machines
- Proficient with calipers, micrometers, surface plate inspection practices
- Experience using horizontal and vertical saws, manual mills and lathes.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Self-motivated and a self starter
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Experience with close tolerances
Prepare material for machining using manual and CNC machines Oversee stock room and raw material supply Accurately follow operational and routine maintenance instructions Assemble fixtures, tool holders and cutting tools to facilitate machining operations Work closely with other team members to ensure the highest quality product Effectively communicate status of projects on a regular basis. You will have the opportunity to work independently, and as part of a larger team. Have the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information or support. Maintain a safe and clean workspace
Education & Experience