Quality Management Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Enriching lives. It’s not just a slogan; it’s what Apple people strive to do every single day, by building extraordinary products, by crafting amazing experiences, and by inventing new ways to do better, reach farther and think bigger in everything we do and for everyone we connect with, without exception. That’s just us. If it’s also you, come join us. We are looking for a Quality Specialist for the Localization Shared Services team located on campus in Sunnyvale, CA. As a global team, we provide localization expertise to a wide range of groups at Apple. We are responsible for the production and delivery of all localized content and lead a range of localization technology and quality management programs. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your deep localization expertise, terminology management, linguistic understanding and technical skills. You will work within the Quality Management team to collaborate with several production and technical teams to achieve the highest localization quality. Your focus will be quality management technology, quality data analysis and data visualization. If you demonstrate experience in all of these areas and are equipped with excellent social skills, please keep reading.
- 8+ years of localization, internationalization, globalization, and/or technical experience in a large scale international enterprise environment
- In depth knowledge of the localization process
- Deep understanding of localization technologies and current trends
- Knowledge of localization tools such as SDL WorldServer, BeGlobal, Trados, etc
- Extensive experience in Terminology Management, Translation Memory maintenance and SME and/or end user feedback handling
- Extraordinary eye for detail, analytical and skillful working with data
- Complete mastery of Excel required, including Pivot tables, Macros/Scripts, and advanced queries
- Experience using Tableau and/or Business Objects expertise is a strong plus
- Possess a real passion for technology in general and innovative nature
- Excellent partner management and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate to management, technical and non-technical people, internal and external partners
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in languages other than English is advantageous
As a member of this team, you will focus on the management and growth of programs run by the Quality Management team. You will develop a keen understanding of the vision and execute on it. Additional responsibilities will include the following: - Partner up with vendors, providers and internal language specialists that will work with you daily. - Work multi-functionally within the team and with other Apple localization groups to achieve high standards. - Master data collection, data analysis and drawing conclusions to be used in strategy planning and defining plans of action. - Automate data collection when possible and approach analysis from alternative perspectives. - With a focus on quality management, work closely with the localization technology team, collaborating in the development of tools to aid the localization and quality management processes. - Deliver training and support users on how to use such tools, implement workflows, document processes and report on critical metrics. - Constantly seek quality, efficiencies, improvement and excellence. - Take an active role in business reviews with Localization vendors. Monitor vendor performance and action plans. - Lead on site or virtual events to promote communication with vendors and training with the collaboration of the production and technology teams.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, - MBA/MA in Translation/Interpretation or Localization Management is a plus.