Software Engineer - Retail Commerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will be involved with challenging and fast paced projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software.
- - 5+ years of experience in software development in Java/Linux environment
- - Deep understanding, and strong hands on Java experience including but not limited to: Core Java, OOPS, Networking (including non-blocking IO), JDBC, RMI, Rest, TLS
- - Experience with multi-threaded and event-driven programming.
- - Strong Experience with Distributed Multi-DC highly available Systems
- - Relational database experience in Oracle(or MySQL) and good skills in SQL and data modelling is required.
- - Understanding of Java memory management and garbage collection is a plus
- - Experience with messaging queue based systems for e.g. Kafka/Solace/ActiveMQ
- - Additional experience in NoSQL Data stores is Big Plus for e.g. Cassandra/Couchbase/MongoDB/Hazelcast/Redis etc.
- - Experience with serialization systems, e.g. Json/Avro/Protobuf/Thrift is a plus.
- - Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Apple Retail is looking for a Software Engineer to work on core platform. You’ll work on projects that touch all aspects of Apple Retail Point-of-Sale system, and will use your strong software and communication skills to develop and integrate on multiple platforms and architectures. You will develop enterprise class software to enable Apple Store employees to provide the best experience to customers. RESPONSIBILITIES - Ability to take requirements from design to implementation both independently and with larger teams. - Design, architect and implement highly available and scalable solutions that meets the highest standards. - Collaboration with other teams, project managers and business partners. - Review technical design of other team members and do respective code reviews. - You will also design and develop test automation frameworks and tools to ensure high quality of deliverables. - This job also expects you to Improve existing system’s performance, reliability, scalability and resilience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent.