Siri - Engineering Program Manager: Siri Social Media Analysis & Marketing Production
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Siri team is looking for an organized, thoughtful, and driven program manager to contribute in two key areas: First, developing and leading a program to proactively understand where Siri is building the most customer impact as well as where Siri can continue to grow and improve; this will require monitoring what the world is saying about Siri through social media, news, and other sources; then providing product analysis and recommendations to stakeholders and leadership. And second, facilitating Siri engineering support and mentorship to ensure the accuracy success of Apple Marketing campaigns, press events, product announcements, product launches, and rapid-response efforts to breaking news or viral events; then analyzing the impact of these efforts.
- Experience collecting large data sets, crafting clear summaries, and effectively presenting the analysis in both written and verbal form.
- Strong track record of turning both quantifiable and qualifiable customer data into trends and actionable next steps.
- Strong familiarity with social media, news media, and other sources of product feedback about tech products.
- Worked on a global (multi-lingual) customer-facing product, especially software, hardware, media services, or a similar industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Experience coordinating efforts across a variety of cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and program management.
- Successful in roles requiring independent action and decisive leadership under ambitious or unknown conditions; can demonstrate a strong history of making successful judgment calls regarding the severity of issues and escalation.
- Experience in a role that had both long-term high-level strategic ownership as well as dynamic responsibility with immediate deliverables.
- Bring up a program to understand the world zeitgeist sentiment of Siri; covering both quantifiable and qualifiable data. This includes specifying which topics and sources to monitor and then selecting and using tools and dashboards to refine and analyze data. - Design and deliver reports on user sentiment to Siri leadership and product teams and provide recommendations for next steps on areas where the Siri user experience could be improved. Communicate analysis on how Apple actions affected product perception to validate strategies or adjust them for the future. - Work with multi-functional groups like Marketing, Evangelism, and Apple Product Documentation to help ensure external-facing information and user education resources are updated to address relevant user confusion and concerns. Provide consolidated user feedback as guidance to Dialog and Design teams. - Work with Apple Product Marketing & Marketing Communications teams to enable outbound marketing campaigns, press events, product announcements, and launches by validating specific user experiences, ensuring that the Siri functionality is fully-tested and well-represented. Use your product knowledge and work with feature teams to provide alternatives when necessary. - Detect Siri issues that are going viral or otherwise trending and drive rapid-response solutions, working cross-functionally with the Siri editorial staff, engineering, QA, and operations to quickly address the issue, build a more permanent solution (if necessary), and then monitor and report on the outcome. - Report on the positive side of Siri; everything from surfacing glowing press (like when Siri literally saves lives) to Marketing, team leadership, and the Siri organization; to spotting and calling out positive sentiment trends that indicate the team should stay the course or even amplify our effort in some areas.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Masters degree preferred. Communications or CS degree a plus.
- Industry experience working on a digital assistant
- Related experience performing sentiment analysis for a consumer product
- Familiarity with online analysis tools like Sprinklr and Meltwater