Partnership Manager, Social Networking, Worldwide Developer Relations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a dynamic, connected, and highly motivated individual to join the Worldwide Developer Relations Partnership Management team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with strategic software developers in the social networking segment, promoting application development, and fostering the delivery of world-class solutions and content on Apple devices.
- The position requires excellent relationship and account management skills, aggressiveness, persuasiveness, and the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization. You are self-directed and have a track record of showing initiative in partnering activities and product development. You're a team player, capable of interfacing across a broad spectrum of teams. The successful candidate will be results driven and possess a keen attention to detail, remarkable follow-through, and an ability to focus on strategic agendas while keeping day-to-day job activities current. Specific qualifications we seek include:
- Keen understanding of social networking trends with active participation in online social communities.
- Knowledge of mobile application development processes, developer support programs, and product development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, combined with a mature, diplomatic approach in all communications.
- Strong familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), and a solid understanding of good product design and what makes a great app.
- Effective presentation skills in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large group across all constituencies; C-Level through engineer/developer.
- Mobile hardware or software relationship management experience highly desirable.
- Experience and a demonstrable passion for all Apple platforms preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in managing partner relationships, product management, or similar experience desired.
•Work with cross-functional teams to identify, develop and deliver world-class strategic 3rd-party products in the social networking segment for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. •Act as the primary point of contact between Apple Worldwide Developer Relations and major 3rd-party developers in a multifaceted role including: product manager, business manager, technical liaison, and marketing coordinator. •Cultivate knowledge and develop expertise in the social networking segment to share with peers and management. •Work both independently and in close collaboration with Apple technology evangelism, others in partnership management, product marketing, App Store, iTunes, app review, engineering and senior management. •Develop and manage executive and operational-level relationships in 3rd-party developer organizations. •Review and manage legal contracts, development agendas, and program rules / regulations with strategic accounts. •Maintain a deep understanding of partner products, development pipelines, market dynamics and business strategy to effectively deliver solutions to enhance Apple’s platforms. •Develop and leverage internal and external relationships to effectively deliver Apple's message to developers, while simultaneously championing developer needs and issues within Apple. •Maintain a high level of business expertise, combined with a deep understanding of product development, specifically, the tools and technologies relevant to app development across all major platforms. •Deliver mentorship and recommendations to improve the user experience in 3rd-party apps through UI enhancements, design improvements, and workflow optimization. •Promote the adoption of Apple’s platform differentiating features and development tools to 3rd-party application developers. •Attend industry conferences to stay current on trends and capitalize on outreach opportunities. •Clearly communicate approved Apple product marketing messages to leading developers. •Develop and contribute ideas based on creative, novel, and sometimes unconventional approaches to inspire developers to deliver best-in-class products for Apple’s ecosystem.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, MS/MA/MBA or equivalent preferred.