Senior Software/Data Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Have you thought about where you are going? Can the answer of "where have you been?" Build a whole new set of ideas for you? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Apple Maps is confronted with the most meaningful large-scale data problems in the world. We are solving problems that impact billions of people around the globe every single day. Are you passionate about working with Large data on a global scale ? We at Apple Maps face problems that involve data at massive volume and velocity. Our mission is to maintain a useful and accurate digital representation of the entire Globe. We ingest a staggering amount of data and wish to discover new ways to use that data to improve the customer experience of Apple Maps. Data Engineering team collaborates with the data science team to productize and scale models that evaluate quality of maps data, and identify specific issues. n this role, you would enjoy working in a diverse technical team, where everyone learns from each other's unrivaled skills and knowledge. Your bias for action means you thrive in an environment where you can get things done. We encourage and respect critical thinking. Challenge yourself, challenge the data, and challenge us. You possess strong technical skills to turn large scale data into actionable insights. You also have the ability to think about the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact Apples ecosystem.
- A track record of crafting, implementing and delivering scalable, performant data pipelines and data services.
- Extensive experience in building solutions that scale out or scale up.
- Your multithreading experience and long range viewpoint on distributed systems mean you recognize when something is technically feasible, but a bad idea in the real world.
- Strong design and architecture background. You know which architecture, technology, and schema can make or break the success of a system.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with machine learning algorithms
- You rigorously demonstrate on the best coding practices, while moving flexibly among technologies and programming languages.
You will join our Maps Data Evaluation team. We’re responsible for demonstrating statistical models and machine learning to identify hard-to-detect issues in Maps data. You will develop batch and real-time data storage/management architectures. You will design and implement workflows for data science to apply statistical testing on massive data. You will work multi-functionally to drive platform architecture and design, analyzing data, and producing insights. You will handle with data scientists to facilitate experimentation/prototyping. You will scale and integrate the most effective models into critical systems that gate releases and protect our customer experience. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
PhD or Master’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,