Enterprise Voice and Video Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. Will you help us enable the design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Apple is seeking an extraordinary Project Manager with a focus on the deployment and sustainment of Voice and Video equities in support of Apple Enterprise initiatives. This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will need to have a good mixture of technical acumen, influential communication skills, and a background in the deployment of Voice and Video applications. The impact of this role is significant; it will enable thousands of Apple employees to perform the best work of their lives by providing them with effective tools to collaborate, communicate, and innovate the next generation of Apple products.
- Previous project management experience in leading the deployment of Voice and/or Video technologies (or similar applications) on an operational network
- Expertise in actively handling schedules for multiple concurrent activities and deliveries across geographically separated locations
- Ability to effectively articulate technical details, risks, and opportunities to Executive Staff
- Experience in the management of project communications across global stakeholders, domain experts, executives and other internal groups, including regular project meetings, email updates, and project wiki
- Intuitive collaboration skills and a passion to engage the various teams within Apple Business Units to identify, scope, constraints, dependencies, risk management and deliver global capabilities
- Ability to detect nuances in technical details and the commitment to dig into details and understand systems deeply
- Previous experience with engaging Vendors/Contractors to ensure IT requirements are accurately designed, planned, and delivered
- Upholds the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Highly reciprocal at all times; especially under short timelines
- In addition to a solid video and voice background, you should possess excellent multi-functional skills. The position requires good communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with people from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
At Apple, our Business Units are constantly adapting in order to deliver the best products and services to the customer. In order to keep pace, they need to be provided with the Industry’s best Voice and Video infrastructure and collaboration and communication tools to enable their success. Our teams work tirelessly to make frequent adjustments to our technology landscape to optimize the services we provide in order to best meet the unique needs of the Apple Business Units. This unique position involves working seamlessly with IS&T Infrastructure Architecture, Real Estate and Development, LAN/WAN Operations, Apple Information Security, IS&T Collaboration and Productivity partners, and a variety of Business Units to design and deliver Voice and Video capabilities that have a direct impact on our Apple Employees around the world. This role requires a deep understanding of project management and the engineering principles associated with Voice/Video applications being employed on an operational network. We are looking for someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic and (frequently) ambiguous environment. We require individuals to think strategically, as well as being comfortable in the details of the work you're doing. Their ability to function as a teammate working with multi-functional business teams is important to the success of the team. If you like to identify improvements and deliver capabilities that will exceed our customers expectations, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Information Management, a related technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will work with us to build an extraordinary teams. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- - Familiarity with Collaboration Tools, such as Cisco Jabber, Quip, Box, etc
- - Project Management certifications
- - Experience working in a “start-up” environment/culture