Manager, Audio Test– Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Job Summary We have an exciting new opportunity in our core hardware businesses for a manager of our growing audio products test team, for a strong technical leader who can oversee a number of individuals and be a point of escalation for product test issues. Based in Cupertino, CA you will be the primary point of contact for Operations regarding product test across all hardware platforms. This role will have significant visibility and impact, interacting with Hardware design, Acoustic Engineering on industry leading products.
- 7+ years of technical work experience in audio test engineering preferably within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience in testing methodologies of typical consumer electronics subsystems and finished good testing.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Knowledge of end to end consumer electronics audio signal chains
- Knowledge of acoustic transducers and signal processing fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience with Python, C/C++
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English. Mandarin language skills are a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle
- 3+ years of experience managing technical teams
- Successful experience as a technical leader, especially in a high-volume consumer electronics environment
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow teams from the ground up
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to work independently while using sound technical and business judgement
- Ability to travel to international manufacturing sites ~20%
- Dynamic with a “can do” attitude. Humble and act with grace under fire.
- Demonstrated capabilities in organizational growth and personnel development
Lead a team of test engineers to implement and deploy test solutions throughout the supply chain In this role you will develop test strategies and programs to meet business objectives. (Typical objectives include test coverage, yield, cost, cycle time, space, labor, schedule). Act as the point of escalation for technical problems when the test team needs support and serve as a mentor to other engineers. Develop and get agreement on project plans and project concepts. Interface frequently with many different multi-functional teams. (Typical teams include NPI, business management, GSM, development engineering, external equipment suppliers and contract manufacturing service firms). Contribute to efforts to standardize and optimize test performance across the product line. Develop and refine design process methodology with peers and management team. (Includes all the basics design / process, cost, FMEA reviews, etc).
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science or computer science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.