Software Engineer - Web
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer who can design, architect, and lead development of internal software applications that will enable real-time reporting, analysis, and insights for our global Supply Chain & Operations teams. Our current applications are diverse and evolving combinations of old and new, closed and open source technologies. You are passionate about user interface design, and you are a knowledge resource for the latest trends and technologies. You like solving problems that directly impact the business. You thrive in a start-up environment, but can deliver large, scalable solutions. If this describes you then you should consider joining our team.
- 3+ years architecting, designing and developing web solutions.
- Ability to research and quickly work with new technologies.
- Experience with React.js and the React ecosystem (Redux/MobX).
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with ES6/7.
- Experience with TypeScript is a plus.
- UI/UX design experience is a plus.
- Expert with Git and GitHub, well-practiced in Gitflow.
- Hands-on experience in machine learning and predictive analytics is a plus.
- Strong analytical mindset with a maniacal attention to detail.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, RESTful services, Linux tools, scripting.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) software and processes for web.
- Skilled at communicating technical issues with non-technical audience.
We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who can seize the opportunity to revolutionize our supply chain business with emerging concepts like machine learning/predictive analytics. You should have a back-end focus with experience in architecting and implementing scalable APIs, designing database schema and managing the server software stack. As this team prides itself in embracing emerging technologies, you should have the ability to research, recommend and apply the most appropriate technology for the task. Working In collaboration with our business teams and technical partners, this role will work to actively improve the usability, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of our global Supply Chain teams through innovative software solutions. • Analyze complex business processes to be solved with automated systems that can scale to enterprise level requirements; serve as software architect for design, development, and management. • Distill business needs into software features through in-depth conversations with non-technical users and leadership. • Develop user-friendly and intuitive web applications. Quickly prototype new ideas for business validation, usability testing, and production-ready code. • Write clean, modular, robust code without supervision in a dynamic, iterative, and multi-release environment. Introduce automation into build processes. • Take lead on building strong relationships within Apple, structuring valuable discussions around user experience/challenges and turning insights into solutions.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 3-5 years of software development experience.