Software Engineer - iCloud
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Do you want to work on products that are used by millions of users every single day? Are you passionate about education? If so, we want you! Join Apple's iCloud team as a Software Engineer to design and build innovative applications and custom solutions for education services. As member of the technical team, you will play a critical role in crafting new systems architecture and technical direction, as well as the future of existing system and services. This role requires working closely with multi-functional teams to effectively oversee the complex interdependencies inherent in the project.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional, programming position
- Strong Java Expertise - including but not limited to: Core Java, Multithreading, non-blocking IO, gRPC/Protocol Buffer
- Strong in Java Performance Tuning, scaling Web Services and API definition
- Expert in Java, NIO and Concurrency
- Experience writing REST based services using Netty or similar frameworks
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high-profile, critical projects.
Consider joining a small team and crafting the software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting products and services. We are looking for a deeply capable engineer who has a strong background in web services development, and who has built high-performance, scalable and extensible systems. In this highly visible position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power a new generation Apple web services.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science,Mathematics, or EE is required.