Manager, Software Accessibility Automation and Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Accessibility team is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to guide the development and direction of automated test coverage for VoiceOver and other world-class assistive technology products. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineering manager interested in learning more about accessibility and Apple's development technologies. You will lead a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. Be ready to make something great.
- Deep knowledge of multiple programming languages and related development tools.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Python, C++, Objective C, or Swift.
- Experience in white-box testing, automation, command line tools, and test-driven development.
- Experience with Jenkins and other build server tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented attitude.
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Passion and dedication to your work and commitment to supporting Apple's product engineering teams.
- Excitement to build software that makes a tangible difference in peoples’ lives
Apple is a leader in providing compelling and innovative accessibility solutions. The successful candidate will both write code and guide other programmer to ensure reliability for critical aspects of the accessibility frameworks and applications. You'll be finding new and creative solutions to challenging engineering problems, while working with a team of smart, dedicated individuals. You'll be contributing to the quality of Apple's award-winning accessibility features, including VoiceOver, Switch Control, and Zoom. Critical thinking and the ability to innovate are requirements for this position, however no prior experience with accessibility software is required. If you’re ready to do the best, most rewarding work of your life, come join the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or relevant work experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Apple's public and internal testing tools: UIAutomation, XCTest, ATP, and more.