GNSS Platform Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our GNSS Platform software team and drive innovation that matters. We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people's lives and deliver the absolute best user experience. We're looking for people who are passionate about building technology that will make a difference. Create the next generation of our GNSS platform that is the bedrock of our Location Services which power positioning on our the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and future products. We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer with technical fundamentals in GNSS/positioning systems, computer science, and embedded hardware and firmware. You should be ready to make something exceptional when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices, strengthening our dedication to leaving the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple GNSS Platform team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Significant experience with GNSS operation, the formation of raw measurements, error sources, error mitigation, and algorithms to produce PVT solutions.
- Strong software development background, primarily in C/C++
- Proficient in modern object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Fluent with Linux-based operating systems, version control (git)
- Development of GNSS measurement engine firmware, signal acquisition/qualification strategies, tracking loop design and characterization, observable formation, and interference mitigation is a plus.
- Creation of multi-constellation or multi-band software defined radio (SDR) GNSS receivers is a plus.
- Production of fused PNT estimates from multiple sensors using Kalman filtering and other modern estimation techniques is a plus.
- Bring-up and validation of hardware/software/firmware systems, communication protocols, and in-system performance assessment is a plus.
- Eager to learn new techniques and experiment with cutting-edge navigation technologies
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers
At Apple, you will design, implement, and refine the GNSS iOS software platform upon which all iOS location-based services rely. You will drive innovations in raw measurement quality with vendors and Apple teams. You will collaborate closely with Apple RF hardware, antenna, co-existence, cellular radio, sensor, and iOS kernel teams to optimize and extend the platform to bring stare of the art measurement and positioning engine techniques to the platform. You will help develop the next generations of high accuracy and high availability positioning algorithms that will be deployed worldwide on millions of Apple devices.
Education & Experience
Applicants should have a Masters or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. 5+ years of industry or equivalent academic research experience is a plus.