WW Director of Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of the Director of Operations is to act as a strategic partner to the Marcom leadership team in support of a wide range of organizational priorities and operational needs including: quarterly and annual business planning, consistent global processes and systems, global facilities planning, and IT infrastructure. In this role, you will collaborate with different internal and external business partners, functional teams, and support groups. You will play a key role in developing solutions and tools that result in streamlining complex organizational needs into successful solutions for the ongoing operation of Marcom, enabling amazing creative work.
- You have 12+ years experience running operations within a creative agency and/or creative marketing environment.
- You have strong leadership and management experience running multiple operational functions across a unified global organization.
- You enthusiastically build structures and processes that support the development of amazing work in a creative environment.
- You are an extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with people in different disciplines and at different levels. This includes vendor-partner relationships.
- You have deep understanding of business planning, budget management and scope tracking.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenging convention in a dynamically evolving environment. You are a master at driving and managing change including recognizing and sharing your perspective, adjusting when modifications are needed.
- You are curious, flexible and a dedicated problem solver. You are also fair, kind and collaborative.
- You have extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
Collaborate with leadership as well as brand and functional leadership to align key business priorities and ensure Marcom is operationally enabled for success. Partner with Corporate Finance to facilitate all aspects of quarterly and fiscal planning including, tracking of budget and resource requirements and calling attention to budget issues to ensure spend is aligned to the agreed strategic priorities and roadmap. Lead global IT infrastructure strategies including storage, workflow, internal tools, and desktop support. Coordinate GDPR compliance across Marcom tools. Together with Corporate Procurement and Marcom vendor leads, you influence strategic vendor initiatives, structure discussions, contract updates, and reporting requirements. Maintain Marcom’s adherence to Apple corporate security protocols, and collaborate with Apple Investigations and New Product Security on breaches and process improvements as required. Collaborate with HR and Recruiting on staffing needs and priorities. Ensure consistent process and workflow improvements across the global operations community. Support the Geo Operation Managers with business planning, financial management, agency management, and procurement coordination. Identify and implement standard practices for the Operations team, worldwide. Lead localization workshops across global teams including communication of timing and scope, validation of resource and budget plans and logistics planning. Manage team of Executive Assistants, including assignment oversight, identifying coverage plans, and determining and ensuring best practices.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required. MBA or Masters degree in applicable field is a plus.