WW Director of Operations-Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of the WW Director of Operations is to act as a strategic partner to the Marcom leadership team in support of a wide range of organizational priorities and operational needs including: business planning, consistent global processes and systems, global facilities planning, and IT infrastructure. In this role, the WW Director of Operations will lead and cultivate an operations community within Marcom, based around deep collaboration with different internal and external business partners, functional teams, and support groups. You will play a key role in developing solutions and tools that result in streamlining complex organizational needs into successful solutions for the ongoing operation of Marcom. And ultimately develop a positive operations environment to enable the marcom organization to create and deliver best ion class creative work for Apple’s marketing communications.
- You have 15+ years experience, with a focus on running operations within a creative marketing environment, or creative agency.
- You have extremely strong leadership and management experience running multiple operational functions across a unified organization, with global reach.
- You enthusiastically build structures and processes that support the development of uncompromising marketing work in a creative environment.
- You are an extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with people in different disciplines and at different levels. This includes vendor-partner relationships.
- You have deep understanding of business planning, budget management and scope tracking.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and challenging convention in a dynamically evolving environment. You are a master at driving and managing change including recognizing and sharing your perspective, adjusting when modifications are needed.
- You can forge strong relationships with ability to influence without authority. You are curious, flexible and a dedicated problem solver. You are also fair and collaborative.
- You are hands on, detail oriented, responsible for implementation with strong process definition.
- You have extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
Collaborate with leadership as well as brand and functional leadership to align key business priorities and ensure Marcom is operationally enabled for success. Partner with Corporate Finance to facilitate all aspects of quarterly and fiscal planning including, tracking of budget and resource requirements and calling attention to budget issues to ensure spend is aligned to the agreed strategic priorities and roadmap. Lead global IT infrastructure strategies including storage, workflow, internal tools, and desktop support. Coordinate GDPR compliance across Marcom tools. Promote innovation and new technology to further improve our workflow and creative output. Together with Corporate Procurement and Marcom vendor leads, you influence strategic vendor initiatives, structure discussions, contract updates, and reporting requirements. Maintain Marcom’s adherence to Apple corporate security protocols, and collaborate with Apple Investigations and New Product Security on breaches and process improvements as required. Collaborate with HR and Recruiting on staffing needs and priorities. Ensure consistent process and workflow improvements across the global operations community. Support the Geo Operation Managers with business planning, financial management, agency management, and procurement coordination. Identify and implement standard practices for the Operations team, worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required. MBA or Masters degree in applicable field is a plus.