Functional Operations Manager, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of the Functional Operations Manager is to act as a strategic partner to the leadership team in support of a wide range of organizational priorities and operational needs including: oversight of quarterly and annual planning, process framework, business planning and budget management. In this role, you will collaborate with different internal and external business partners, functional teams, support groups and agency leads. You will play a key role in developing solutions and tools that result in a streamlining complex organizational needs into successful solutions for the ongoing operation of Marcom. In Marcom, we value self-motivated, flexible individuals with strong social skills. In addition you will have a confirmed ability to enthusiastically establish rapport, credibility and influence, and get results throughout an organization at all levels and across departments in a highly matrixed organization. You will be an enthusiastic leader who can motivate in a team environment. You will demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output.
- You have 10-15 years of operational experience within a creative agency and/or marketing company (Interactive experience is a plus).
- As a part of our Operations team, you’ll bring a deep understanding of quarterly and fiscal business planning, budget management and scope tracking.
- You are an extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with a wide range of people in different disciplines and at different levels. This includes vendor-partner relationships.
- Demonstrated skill at creating structures and processes that support the development of amazing work in a creative environment.
- Master at driving and managing change including recognizing and sharing your perspective and adjusting when modifications are needed.
- You are curious, flexible and a solution-driven problem solver. You are also fair, kind and collaborative.
- Extraordinary writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills.
Partner with the functional leadership team and Marcom Leadership to ensure the team is focusing on key business priorities and operationally set up for success. Lead all aspects of the functional budget (quarterly/fiscal planning, forecasting, tracking, approvals, reconciliation) to ensure spend is aligned to the agreed strategic priorities. Collaborate with Facilities and IT to ensure the team’s perspective and requests (pertaining to staffing, training, logistics) are considered at a larger, organizational level. Partner with Corporate Procurement and Marcom vendor leads on all contract negotiations, vendor structure discussions and annual supplier performance reviews. Work closely with the Brand teams and other business partners, Resource Management, Recruiting, and Marcom Operations to understand scope, priorities and resourcing required to deliver the work. Support the Geo functional teams and Ops Managers with planning, team structure, and bridging agency relationships.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.