Software Development Engineer in Test - Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Maps team is seeking a highly technical software engineer in test to drive automation testing and corresponding infrastructure. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in qualifying critical pipelines that are responsible for managing the maps data and integration workflow. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment.
- Creative thinker and a strong problem solver.
- Strong technical knowledge of Python or Java programming skills is a must.
- Experience with open source tools for web automation.
- Experience in implementing modules/libraries for automation.
- Experience in API Testing, Web testing and iOS Automation.
- Strong understanding of QA Methodologies and Processes.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and software build processes.
- Familiarity with GIS or Map concepts is a bonus
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- 7 or more years of experience
In this role, you will be responsible for testing the web services and pipelines that are used for managing the maps data and integration with various backend components. You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, and other advanced quality concepts across products. You will develop testscripts to automate tests and create tools so developers can test their own code. We are looking for a candidate with strong computer science fundamentals, who is a strong coder, but prefers to focus on the testing-related problem that span across multiple teams.This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment.
Education & Experience