Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about applying your deep understanding of the cloud in creative ways? Are you the type who “make stuff happen”? We at FileMaker, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple Inc., the top standalone desktop database company, are searching for an Engineering Manager. We have an established product line and large customer base, and we are advancing existing technologies and developing new and exciting products. In this position located in Santa Clara, California, you will lead and manage teams of developers to architect, design, and implement features in E-Commerce, Data Integration, and UI Development, in collaboration with Product Management and Marketing.
- 15+ years of hands-on software development, with at least 5 years as architect
- Strong experience leading developers to meet tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of modern web techniques such as JAMstack
- Strong hands-on experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure preferred)
- Strong architecture skills in both front end and back end
- Practical experience with REST
- Deep understanding of SaaS
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL systems
- Strong object-oriented design techniques and reusable component design
- Strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
As a technical leader on our team, you are responsible for driving towards sound architecture and timely delivery. You are an architect and problem solver at heart, and excel at people management and project management. You are good at managing development projects that span multiple functional teams with demanding deadlines. Developers look to you to help them overcome technical challenges daily. In addition to crafting efficient designs, you recognize the importance of writing functional specifications and design documents. Quality is number one in your mind, and you make sure developers write thorough unit and integration tests. Your close partnership with QA ensures the top quality of our product.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MSCS or Ph.D. is helpful