Manager, Infrastructure Program Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Have you ever thought about running infrastructure projects that redefine the user experience across the enterprise? If so, this is the role for you. Apple is looking for an extraordinary Manager to join our Infrastructure Services team. In this role, you will handle and lead a team responsible for running network, automation, and other infrastructure projects across Apple. You will also play a significant role providing feedback to and influencing our product teams (iPhone, iPad, Mac, AppleWatch, AppleTV, HomePod, etc) to improve the user experience across the enterprise. Leading our infrastructure teams to support Apple Events (like WWDC, new product launches) and mergers & acquisitions will also fall under your scope. You will demonstrate clear leadership, excel at developing positive relationships with key partners, demonstrate proficiency working across functions, and have a maniacal focus on project excellence. Experience managing a high performance team, managing a portfolio of projects, process development, and industry knowledge with infrastructure operations are also a requirement.
- Proven experience managing a team of project/program manager
- Develop and mentor direct and dotted lined reports.
- Typically requires BS/CS or equivalent plus 10 or more years related project management.
- Validated hands-on experience in IT infrastructure, IT services, or large-scale infrastructure design and implementation.
- Experience and knowledge leading and influencing organizations (such as development of vision and strategies to align an organization).
- Previous experience with Product development, Software Defined Networking, Software/Automation development, a plus.
- A visionary who has a real passion for development of well-defined and optimized operational environments, problem solving and constant drive for improvement.
- Unsurpassed customer focus, with a “Can-Do” attitude.
- Consultative skills - extracting the right information, from the right people.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of people over extended periods of time.
- Ability to take on situation at hand through skillful application of tools, techniques and experience.
- Understanding of key network, voice, video, collaboration, and development/automation concepts and technologies.
Provide leadership, handle the performance and career development of a team of project managers. Manage business requirements and incoming projects with competing priorities. Collaborate with IT, Business Units, Vendors, and other technology infrastructure support teams to develop solutions and roadmaps. Liaison with internal business groups to develop, communicate and handle a pipeline of requirements and projects. Develop processes and procedures driving efficiencies with day-to-day operations Provide financial management for departmental budget consisting of service contracts, personnel costs and capital expenditures. Provide managerial reporting, including periodic status reports, quarterly engineering reviews, critical metric reports, etc.
Education & Experience
A Bachelors degree in Business or Computer Science or related experience.