Export Compliance Progam Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. An exciting position that is critical to the successful launch of new Apple products awaits you. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join Apple’s Global Export and Sanctions Compliance (GESC) team. Join the Apple organization and make a positive impact on a company world renown for its impressive lineup of products and technology, including the Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod, the Mac and iTunes. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by collaborating with extraordinary managers, all with one unified vision – crafting innovative products that delight customers. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, commit to excellence, proactive thinking, and who are team players. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
- - Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations, especially Categories 3, 4, and 5.
- - Experience with Deemed Export/Reexport reviews, and submission of IVLs.
- - Experience with both h/w and s/w product, part and component classifications.
- Experience with investigating and researching companies and individuals for sanctions risks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing and presenting compliance trainings to large groups.
- Excellent organization, project management, and documentation skills are a requirement.
- Working knowledge of record retention processes and procedures applicable to exports of products and technologies
- Familiarity with international regulations is a plus.
- Prefer 5+ years of general export compliance experience.
- Mac, MacOS and iOS proficiency is required.
The Global Export & Sanctions Compliance (GESC) team at Apple aligns with worldwide laws governing the exports of technology and products. We architect creative and innovative solutions to solve compliance challenges at Apple. As an integral part of the GESC department you will be responsible for a wide array of compliance activities including aligning with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and foreign government agencies. You will research, and classify software, hardware, or 3rd party products, and submit classification requests to relevant government agencies, or applications for export licenses for controlled products or technologies and maintaining corporate records. You will also be responsible for deemed export compliance, reviewing foreign national candidates and submitting IVL export license applications to the BIS, and maintaining records for record retention. Furthermore, you will be developing and executing Export Compliance Awareness trainings, developing and implementing compliance processes and procedures. In addition, you will be expected to participate and contribute to the many other facets of responsibilities which the export compliance department manages across the company. Come join us for an opportunity to work with people that think different.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in international business, international relations, international trade, law degree or a related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants