Apple Digital Retail Global Customer Acquisition and Relationship Marketing Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Digital Retail is looking for an experienced customer acquisition and relationship manager to join retails’ global demand generation team. The role involves developing, executing and optimizing a customer acquisition and relationship marketing program across all touch points. such as email, push notifications, SMS, in app merchandising, receipts, etc.
- 8 + years experience in digital marketing direct response programs for large e-commerce business/es;
- Experience with performance based, automated direct marketing programs with email and mobile marketing, especially push notifications a plus;
- Experience with mobile marketing, especially push notifications a plus
- Proven collaborator and effective communicator to internal and external partners;
- Outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation;
- Experience working for global brands, premium/luxury preferred;
- Multi-lingual preferred.
- Proven track record of driving growth for an eCommerce and/or transactional business through an effective, optimized promotional contact strategy and customer lifecycle program;
- Sound experience with setting up complex, trigger-based programs (using marketing automation tools like Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Eloqua, etc.) across different channels;
- Proficiency with direct marketing platforms and in-depth experience on CRM operations, databases and processes;
- Create new consulting frameworks for delivery and contributes to tools, templates and intellectual capital;
- Defining, prioritizing and leading business performance and customer insights
- Highly analytical with expert database management skills;
- Decision-making skills that extend to multiple functions and/or businesses and impact the business directly;
- An awareness of emerging trends that may impact the overall business model
- Strong knowledge in IT systems – Microsoft Dynamics, SQL, Data Modelling, Oracle CRM, Salesforce, etc.
- Curious about discovering improvement points by constantly running DMAIC cycle (define-measure-analyze-improve-control);
- Understands key e-commerce events and seasonal trends that could impact overall digital marketing industry;
- Passionate about building rapport with cross-functional teams; establishing trust, open communication and effectively balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- Data driven and passionately analytical, Excel power user;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and able to work well independently as well as part of a cohesive, high performing matrix organization;
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid, demanding, fast-paced environment;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management / prioritization skills.
Formulate and lead retail's digital consumer customer acquisition and relationship strategy in collaboration with cross-functional teams; Grow customer life time value, reduce upgrade cycles, increase share of wallet; grow retention rates through the implementation and optimization of a customer focused trigger program; Evangelize marketing communication best practices with the aim of establishing consistent, high quality messaging, creative and tone of voice across all of retail's communications; Initiate and drive innovative/breakthrough cross-functional and cross organizational strategies and tactics that generate revenue and market share; Foster a trusted, productive relationship with your primary stakeholders, partners and multidisciplinary teams such as analytics, market development, retail marketing, marketing communications, database marketing, product marketing, merchandising and transactional communications; Partner with analytics to work on complex diverse data sets (transactions, products, channels, web) to identify appropriate cohorts that ensure that we are delivering the right message, at the right time, through the right platform; Develop responsive propositions and creative that engage and bring segments to life; Manage a cross platform communications calendar for defined consumer retail cohorts; Brief in/influence creative, offer, messaging, etc. testing strategy with an aim to increase customer engagement; Work with direct marketing vendors/agencies to drive successful campaigns as necessary to deliver scale on demand; Analyze and propose new and direct, responsive channels to market; Share ownership of quarterly and annual revenue goals and associated campaigns and initiatives; Provide ongoing strategic and tactical direction to key partners based on the changing goals in any given quarter; Partner closely with regional program leads and fellow demand generation program managers to ensure the overall marketing portfolio achieves revenue and budget targets, and holistic search goals are met; Clearly communicates program status and objectives to management, identifying risks and opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred