Senior DevOps Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile Apps & Messaging Platforms team is looking for a talented Sr. DevOps Engineer with a background in large scale engineering support. You will enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on data/backend engineering, continuous integration and continuous deployment in a fast-changing world of software delivery.
- - 5+ years experience in a Systems Engineering/DevOps role in a large scale environment required. Candidate will possess strong knowledge of Linux systems and internals.
- - 3+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, Artifactory, Maven, Git and Jenkins
- - Hands-on experience in engineering, DevOps, or as a software engineering staff member
- - Strong programming and scripting fundamentals (Python/Bash/Ruby/Java)
- - Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems
- - Modern web services architectures, cloud platforms such as AWS, EKS, ECS, GCE, GKE, Azure, ACS, AKS
- - Source control management such as Git, SVN
- - Container services(Docker/Kubernetes), UNIX system administration
- - Splunk/Grafana or similar for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
- - Release and management of NoSQL, Zookeeper, Nginx, Mesos, Jenkins, Artifactory
- - In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process
- - Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- - Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- - Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- - A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand
- - We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- - Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- - Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
The Mobile & Messaging Apps team is seeking a high-energy Sr. DevOps Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to work on core, and new products that impact millions of Apple’s customers every day.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience