Technical Program Manager (TPM) Battery
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
LOCATION: SANTA CLARA VALLEY, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. JOB SUMMARY Apple is looking for a motivated, process oriented Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead Battery process development at suppliers. You will be responsible for reviewing module designs and specifications and providing feedback to Apple Product Design, Cell Engineering, Safety, and Reliability and working with suppliers to establish capable processes to ensure product can consistently meet specifications at high volumes.
- Min 5 years experience in Operations Engineering or Manufacturing Process Development
- Direct experience in manufacturing process design, review, and buy off
- Experience with tooling design (jigs, fixtures, tool and die) in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), Design of Experiments, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) is a plus
- Must be willing/able to travel internationally- 35%
Review module designs and specifications and provide Design for Manufacturing feedback and risks to Apple Product Design based on process capability within the supply chain. Plan, propose, and lead Design of Experiments (DOE) activities to produce timely and accurate analyses used to drive design, process development, and supply chain decisions. Assess the suitability of a fabrication strategy or technology for a given part design. Plan validation exercises to demonstrate initial feasibility as well as manufacturing capability. Analyze results to provide technical recommendations. Collaborate with suppliers to deliver process flow mapping, FMEA, equipment/fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation activities prior to Engineering builds. Collaborate with suppliers to establish manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure consistent quality is achieved. Drive project technical and operational issues related to process, fixtures, equipment, etc. during NPI phase to enable delivery of a mature manufacturing process into Mass Production. Assess supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp. Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations for risk mitigation to management. Drive production process improvements, including robotics and automation, to reduce labor and maximize quality.
Education & Experience
MSME/BSME, or equivalent. MBA a plus, but not required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.