Senior Voice Engineer
Elk Grove, California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Are you a Senior Voice Engineer who’s passionate about creating excellent experiences? Would you like to become a key member of a team using your ability to pursue technical problems. IS&T Voice Services team wants you to be a key contributor to our Voice services solutions. You should have a real passion for voice solutions, be service minded and possess strong analytical and social skills.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Quickly analyze data, provide guidance to support teams and understand critical business needs
- Able to articulate complex technical solutions to a wide audience
- Review and interpret architecture diagrams to ensure power and cabling requirements have been adequately planned for.
- Good organizational, time management, and service delivery skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced work environment.
- Travel about 25-50% domestic as well as some international travel.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Experience working with offshore teams and remote support teams is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as, independently.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco voice solutions including CUCM, CME, SRST, CUSP, Unity Connection, CUE and CUBE. - Consistent track record of designing, implementing and supporting a fully converged voice infrastructure based on the Cisco platform. - Experience with Cisco SME, GDPR and ILS protocols - In-depth knowledge of SIP protocol and ability to identify issues in different call flows and scenarios - Familiar with UC on UCS and BE7K platform - Experience with CE1100 and Expressway infrastructure - Experience with Cisco Mobile Remote Access (MRA) and B2B routing - Knowledge of Virtual infrastructure, Compute and UCS M4/M5 platform - Familiar with and capable of designing highly robust voice systems including traditional Time Division Multiplex and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). - Familiar with operational capabilities of telephony systems, including systems from major vendors such as Avaya, Nortel, Cisco, and others. - Familiar with Digital Signal Processing, voices codecs (G711/G729), telephony signally (ISDN PRI/H323/SIP) and telephony protocols. - Operational experience supporting multi-vendor PBXs like Avaya, Cisco. - Take a lead role in global vendor management for support of the voice network at all Apple locations. - Hands on experience with configuration, installation, pbx maintenance and digital access and cross connect operation and configuration. - Capable of designing and leading the implementation of large-scale projects (i.e. new PBX installations, new converged technology integration) employing sound industry approved methodologies. - Capable of analyzing business telephony needs and making technical recommendations to meet the needs in a cost effective manner. - Serves as technical telephony design specialist as a member of multi-functional technical teams. - Ability to adapt to other technologies, providing assistance to other teams as needed during turn-ups, cut-overs, etc.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or information management with 5+ years experience, or equivalent experience.