Software Asset Management, Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in an energizing environment where your abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? The IS&T Software Asset Management (SAM) Project Manager will provide analysis, reporting, support, and consultation to the SAM Program Manager. This role will encompass all processes associated with the entire lifecycle of software license management throughout our corporate data centers. Strategic knowledge includes such practices as IT Procurement, IT Finance, software compliance, contract negotiations, license administration, and systems configurations with regards to software licensing, vendor management, and management of licensing from initial purchase to proper disposal/retirement. This role will include maintaining an awareness and understanding of relevant SAM industry trends, standard methodologies and regulations, including their potential impact, and formulate appropriate methodologies and strategies that benefit Apple. To succeed, you are thoroughly knowledgeable of and actively exercise the business practices of SAM, and support them in a way that is appropriate and beneficial for the SAM team, the IS&T organization and Apple.
- You will have a minimum 7 years of experience in supporting and/or leading Software Asset or IT Asset Management programs in large-scale technology data center environments, with a specific concentration in Software Licensing.
- You are Extraordinary flexible in handling shifting priorities, changes in strategic direction, and conflicting demands, while balancing internal customer needs and team requirements.
- We require a self-motivated, innovative thinker with strong problem solving, interpersonal, and team building skills; with an ability to work with diverse stakeholders and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- We seek excellent project management, leadership, planning, and organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possessing the ability to approach problems flexibly and respectively, drive what matters, demonstrate integrity and knowing when to seek expertise and experience of your peers and management.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver extraordinary products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
This scope of this position will include such practices as software compliance assurance, contract negotiations/management, and analysis of systems configurations associated with purchasing, financial management, software licensing, vendor management, and the administration of the licensing lifecycle for IS&T systems from acquisition to disposition. You will work closely with the SAM Program Manager to define, maintain, and improve processes and procedures core to SAM best practices, including effective lifecycle management of all specified software assets. Utilizes Software Asset Management tools and methodologies to maintain the accuracy and automation of reporting and asset tracking to ensure the currency of data within the tool and/or all associated records. Provides support in defining the policies, processes for assigned projects and engage in SAM organizational goals of reducing risk, increasing accountability, uncovering savings and keeping control of organizational processes. A large component of this role is to perform internal software audits, to ensure software license compliance standards are being met. This process at a high-level involves confirming and reconciling deployment records with SAM’s discovery data, contractual and entitlement records, and working closely with the internal user base. This requires acting as a software compliance subject matter expert for each of the vendors assigned, providing guidance and sharing expertise. Additional essential activities include generating Purchase Requisitions software requests and annual maintenance/support renewals and assisting in annual budgetary validations and trending.
Education & Experience
BS degree or equivalent experience
- CITAM, CSAM OR CSM