Sr. Android Engineer-Apple Music
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love music and want to help shape the future of Apple Music services? We are seeking dedicated, hardworking and experienced senior android engineer to lead the development of fun new features, and to help build an application used by millions to listen and discover music. If you are product driven and you have an interest in music, this is an ideal and unique opportunity for you.
- Minimum of 6 years experience as an android developer or as developer of client applications.
- At least 2 products released to the public.
- Advanced Android development and architecture experience
- Expertise developing C++ with Android NDK integration
- Familiarity with unit testing
- High level understanding of end to end systems
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements and to juggle multiple priorities
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Passion for quality and close attention to details
As an engineer on our team, you will design, architect and maintain the CORE components of the Apple Music android application. You will interact with other Apple members in cross-platform features, overseeing the work of less experienced developers, and build systems to be used by third party developers. You are comfortable debugging real time media systems, working in large code bases, debugging and fixing problems in open source libraries, creating tools and frameworks, working in multiple projects and debugging stack traces. If you’re passionate about writing code, and want to work with world-class engineering teams, Apple Music is the place for you. You will be working within a small, but effective engineering team and with your strong attention to detail you will help us to find the best solutions to important problems, always having the user in mind.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Android Media APIs (MediaCodec, AudioTrack)
- Experience with ExoPlayer internal components
- Experience with FFMpeg
- Experience with low level profiling tools like ASAN