Sr. Software Engineer, TestFlight Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
App Store Engineering R&D is hiring talented software engineers to break new ground on our App delivery platform. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of quickly becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences. You will bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no end to what you can accomplish.
- You will bring extensive experience designing and developing highly scalable backend applications in Java
- Deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs that serve mobile and web clients as well as other backend applications
- You will have an eagerness to mentor team members and establish coding standards across multiple repositories
- Shown ability to rearchitect and transition existing codebases to new technologies
- Experience with NoSQL and big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Familiarity with debugging and understanding complex systems, often built by different teams
- You should have ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams, as well as being very independent while leading your own workflows to meet business requirements
Our TestFlight team is looking for an expert backend engineer eager to join a fast-paced, startup-like environment within an organization of Apple's massive scale and impact. As part of our exciting team with varied strengths, you'll play an integral role in designing and developing new features that drive app distribution via the App Store and TestFlight as well as mentoring other team members, helping them grow as engineers. Phenomenal communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills are a requirement. Our team often pursues difficult technical problems under tight deadline constraints across crossfunctional teams: from the App Store to our mobile and web client apps, as well as Xcode and the iOS/tvOS/watchOS teams. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired.