Software QA Engineer- Editorial tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iTunes Store Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our group. Responsibilities include; performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing of the Asset Management, Video Delivery and Processing for the iTunes Store.
- - Proven experience black box testing Client-Server products
- - Thorough knowledge of testing on MacOS, iOS, and Windows platforms
- - Strong knowledge of the iTunes Store and available content types.
- - Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- - Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- - Excellent verbal and written communication
- - Dedication to user-focused design & high quality technology
- - Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- - Willingness to work cross-functionally with other teams to make all products and deployments seamless for our customers
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL for queries
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. The ideal candidate will: - Be extremely familiar with testing server-side software - Have a good understanding of video and audio formats and delivery systems - Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis - Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis - Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties - Candidates should posses the desire to perform end to end black box testing with a keen focus on the customer experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or 5 years relevant experience