Head of Content, Worldwide Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Worldwide Retail Marketing is seeking a Head of Content to own our content approach and content execution for Today at Apple both to drive customer interest and the customer experience. You will develop strategies and placements of content across internal marketing platforms (/today, Apple Store App, http://apple.com, and WeChat) Apple channels (Apple Music, App Store, Apple Instagram, Apple YouTube) and external platforms, media partnerships and digital advertising. You would be responsible for defining our internal and external content partnerships. Who we partner with and how. You will provide strategic and executional leadership with a focus on the development and curation of content and assets. You will improve the experience by mapping customer intents to targeted content that is optimized for on-device viewing and usage. You strategize how content should differ, integrate or be unique across media platforms, geographies and channels. Your results will provide transparency and engagement with Today at Apple worldwide by driving session participation, extending merchandising opportunities and presenting new ways to engage with Apple platforms. You will join an established team of Producers, Creatives, Experience Designers and Strategists who work across the Retail Marketing and the Digital Experience team to help lead, develop and execute global integrated efforts for Today at Apple. You’ll find new ways for us to deliver content and consult with our creative team for the appropriate development and delivery of content across various platforms. You’ll plan the editorial calendar for content across appropriate channels. You'll identify content gaps and low performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. To do this, you will be have a deep understanding of the content and how customers find, consume, and digest it. Your ability to collaborate will ensure success when you engage content writers, design/UX teams, video teams and session owners with creative, research-based content plans that shape the content structure, visuals, and tone. The day-to-day responsibilities include briefing creative and content curation teams (for example, Experience Designers, Business Affairs, Production, Video and Design teams, and so on); driving communications across teams; aligning with creative development schedules, presentations, and approval processes; and troubleshooting to create a smooth production workflow for the cross-functional teams involved.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic person who can contribute in a team environment. This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and project management skills. This person will:
- Develop the content strategy across platforms internal and external to Apple.
- Use customer insight and data to recommend content types across channel based on the Today at Apple experience plans.
- Work closely with the creative and production teams on content collection and execution strategies to deliver efficient, timely and frequent content to myriad platforms and channels.
- Develop the content editorial calendar. And lead conversations with leadership to develop a vision for how we innovate.
- Partner with Experience Designers, Producers and Creative Directors to develop compelling content briefs that align with the overall content strategies.
- Partner with the production team to assist and inform all content and asset production making sure it aligns with strategy and brief.
- Measure content effectiveness with user testing and evaluations
- React to new information, opinions, and direction then pivot quickly but thoughtfully
- Have a strong familiarity with mobile and app usability and customer experience standard methodologies.
- Have advanced project management skills
- Have a deep understanding of business strategy with the ability to apply it to an overall content approach.
- Use your superb communication and interpersonal skills —both one-to-one and in small and large groups to clearly express ideas and influence others.
You have a background in content strategy and management encompassing analyzation, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing and monitoring of content from the research stage to post-production. You have experience implementing process for content management including developing an information architecture to give us the ability to identify a CMS solution for content. Regular content audits and management of content inventory will be critical for this role. You have expertise in leading the creative development process across a variety of communication vehicles, including interactive, video, print, and PR. You have proven yourself to be highly organized, with experience in complex project management and understanding of production. You are an accomplished writer and strategic thinker with editorial experience working in the mobile, digital/online, ads, and/or B2B industries. You are experienced in working with business affairs and legal teams to ensure content is compliant and appropriate to the brand You have international experience to reference in developing and driving a WW content strategy. You have an understanding of how content requirements might differ internationally or by geography alternatives. You are an expert at influencing and leading (global) virtual teams. You are extraordinary at white boarding, ideating concepts and strategies in readiness for and during group working sessions. You are skilled at visualizing content strategies and presenting them to cross-functional partners and leadership for approval
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, technical communication, online analytics, or human-computer interaction