Head of Marketing, Worldwide Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Worldwide Retail Marketing is seeking an innovative Head of Marketing to lead the team responsible for driving customer interest and participation in Today at Apple sessions for all of our 500+physical stores globally. In this role, you will lead marketing strategies and execute across all marketing touch points including digital placements, Apple and partner content placements, seasonal in-store and online campaigns. You will own the development of compelling marketing strategies for new store openings and remodels where we enter markets with Today at Apple along with global content strategy. You will define our internal and external marketing partnerships. Who we partner with and how. In Retail Marketing, we value collaboration and are an established team of Producers, Creatives, Experience Designers and Strategists who work across the Retail Marketing and the Digital Experience team to help lead, develop and execute global integrated efforts for Today at Apple. We find new ways for us to bring awareness to Today at Apple sessions and consult with our creative team for the appropriate development and delivery of content across various platforms. We own the editorial calendar for marketing across all appropriate channels. We collaborate to ensure success when you engage content writers, design/UX teams, video teams and session owners with creative, research-based marketing and content plans that shape the content structure, visuals, and tone.
- We are seeking a hardworking person who can contribute in a team environment. This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and project management skills. This person will:
- Develop the worldwide marketing strategy for Today at Apple across platforms internal and external to Apple.
- Use customer insight and data to recommend new strategies to drive awareness, attendance and experience.
- Be able to flex between global and local marketing efforts with ease.
- Demonstrate strong management skills of a team of experienced marketers.
- Work closely with the creative and production teams on marketing and execution strategies to deliver efficient, timely and frequent content to myriad platforms and channels.
- Develop the marketing editorial calendar. And lead conversations with leadership to develop a vision for how we innovate.
- Partner with Experience Designers, Producers and Creative Directors to develop compelling marketing briefs that align with the overall marketing strategies.
- Measure marketing effectiveness with critical metrics, user testing and evaluations
- React to new information, opinions, and direction then pivot quickly but thoughtfully
- Have a strong familiarity with mobile and app usability and customer experience standard methodologies.
- Have advanced project management skills
- Have a deep understanding of business strategy with the ability to apply it to an overall marketing approach.
- Use your superb communication and interpersonal skills —both one-to-one and in small and large groups to clearly express ideas and influence others.
On the digital side, you have deep expertise in traditional as well as emerging digital marketing tools. You’ve successfully led long-term campaigns through physical and digital customer interactions with confirmed results, including events marketing, direct marketing, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, and physical retail space. You’ve delivered marketing innovation for your customer demographic and industry. You have successfully launched product into both a new and an existing market. You will be able to demonstrate sustained success of those launch efforts. You have a background in content strategy and management encompassing analyzation, planning, writing, editing, distributing, managing and monitoring of content from the research stage to post-production. You’ve demonstrated successful collaborative relationships across divergent functional teams. You have expertise in leading the creative development process across a variety of communication vehicles, including interactive, video, print, and PR. You have proven yourself to be highly organized, with experience in complex project management and understanding of production. You are an accomplished writer and strategic thinker with editorial experience working in the mobile, digital/online, ads, and/or B2B industries. You have international experience to reference in developing and driving a WW marketing strategy. You have an understanding of how requirements might differ internationally or by geography alternatives. You guide, influence and lead (global) virtual teams. You are skilled at developing marketing strategies and presenting them to cross-functional partners and leadership for approval.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, technical communication, online analytics, or human-computer interaction