Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we don’t just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is the organization at Apple that delights our customers with great support and creative service solutions. AppleCare Engineering (ACE) is the technical team responsible for assuring that all Apple products are repaired in a way that will continue to delight our customers. The ACE team is looking for a highly motivated mechanical engineer with a diverse background in product, fixture, packaging design and program management. In our team, career and organizational growth is fast as is our pace!
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in mechanical design
- UG, SolidWorks or other CAD software experience
- Experienced in both component and system design
- Experienced in sheet metal and molded part design and DFM principles
- Materials selection experience
- Ability to craft 2D drawings with FAI / CPK / GD&T practices
- Hands-on prototyping, testing & troubleshooting
- Create and manage BOMs, part tracking lists, and design revisions & schedules effectively
- Experience developing mechanical products with Chinese suppliers
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Flexible and capable of handling multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Skillfully manage rapid development cycles; flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and/or ambiguity.
- Collaborative and able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a team environment.
- Experience with Apple products a plus
- Mandarin Chinese language skills a plus
You will be part of a cross functional mechanical design team that evaluates new products in development, helps develop and validate their repair processes, designs and deploys tools, jigs, fixtures and packaging to support said processes and validation. A typically day may consist of detailed CAD design on a repair fixture, assist with design layout and review of a component packaging design and then presenting a program schedule update that includes a BOM with multiple vendors across the world. You will also manage China-based vendors and engineering build support to validate tools with Apple contract manufacturers. Approximately 20% international travel required, mostly Asia.
Education & Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills required MS or MBA not required but absolutely welcome