Repair Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple we don’t just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are strengthening our team and we are seeking a dynamic Repair Strategy Lead. We feature a dynamic environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Join us and make a difference! You possess strong leadership skills and experience designing and assessing repair process for complex electronics. You will lead the development of new product repair strategy, process, and readiness. You are also a leader with strong expertise developing and delivering repair strategies for various channel deployments and use-cases.
- 5+ years of mechanical repair design experience in all channels, (Field, Depot/Repair Center)
- Proven track record of developing and implementing repair solutions including definition, qualification, and deployment
- Excellent understanding of system architectures for phone and computer products.
- Experience in production control processes
- Proven data analysis and statistical skills
- Familiarity and experience interpreting engineering spec documentation and parametric data collection
- Strong large-scale data management skills (Excel, JMP, Minitab)
- Exposure to electronic manufacturing partner supplier management
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams including product development, project management, contract manufacturers, and field repair technicians.
- Coding/scripting skills (C/C+ and Python) a plus
- Experience with Apple products a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills; track record as a successful technical project leader
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment; flexible and composed with unexpected/last minute schedule changes
- Ability to work independently while making sound technical decisions
- Can-do approach to problem solving
- Develop and deliver repair strategies for products; design and deployment of experiments and interpretation of data for validation - Support infrastructure and measure performance of repair - Tackle technical problems both independently and as part of the team; mentor team members - Present weekly program status updates to internal teams - Use a variety of tools (data, field captures, field notes, etc.) to interpret potential issues for resolution - Ability to travel internationally< 20%.
Education & Experience
BS in Technical Field. MS preferred