WTE Software Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. As part of the Performance Engineering team, you will be working on analyzing wireless system and developing solutions to improve end-to-end connectivity experience. You should have a mix of experience in development, testing and data analysis. Be ready to make something outstanding when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Performance team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple
- Minimum 3+ years of industrial experience on WLAN/802.11 technologies as a Development, Systems or Test Engineer with focus on performance
- Technology expert in WiFi/WLAN 802.11 protocols and sub-systems
- In depth understanding of Mac/Physical/Firmware layer of WLAN/802.11 protocols
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills
Early prototype implementation and evaluation of performance improvements through simulation or code changes Performance benchmarking and data/log analysis from various sub-systems (Application/TCP/IP/MAC/PHY) to identify areas for system software design improvements Lead in-depth analysis and debugging of performance centric issues coming from other teams Development of tools for analysis/root-causing of SW performance issues
Education & Experience
Masters or Ph.D degree in Electrical and Computer Science Engineering
- Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
- Excellent programming and scripting skills