Seattle, Washington, United States
Are you pursuing an extraordinary opportunity? Apple Maps is looking for a self-motivated GIS Technician with dynamic experience who will support map data editing, quality control, and validate existing data while adhering to team policies and guidelines.
- 2+ years experience of industry experience preferred
- Experience with GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Grass, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, iD and JOSM
- Knowledge of spatial data process libraries is a plus (GDAL, OGR, etc.)
- Experience analyzing satellite imagery
- Experience with OpenStreetMap
- Experience scripting solutions for repetitive tasks (using tools such as Python, Bash)
- Validated experience curating vector datasets
- Experience writing policy for new or existing projects
- Strong analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis and experience
- Competence in data analysis and data mining
- Ability to inspect, process and edit data while valuing data accuracy and quality of output
- Confirmed leadership capabilities
- Results oriented
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Able to work both in a team or independently when required
- Communication of detailed analysis to a high-level audience for decision-making purposes
- Support creation of and review technical specifications
- Fluency in the following spoken languages preferred but not required. (Farsi, Arabic, Khmer, Danish, and Cyrillic based languages)
You are passionate about maps and think creatively and independently about new ways to approach problems. You are also meticulous, analytical, able to exercise objective judgement, as well as work quickly and authoritatively. In addition to editing and analyzing data, you will be able to drive global data quality improvements through cross-team collaboration.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Geography We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.