Database Security Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
This position is for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about Data Security. You will be joining a team of talented individuals to develop and implement top class security solutions to safeguard data at Apple. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- - You have 3-5 years in Oracle Database technologies with focus on Database Security.
- - You have 3-5 years hands-on and full-time experience working on database technologies.
- - You have knowledge of Auditing, Encryption, Access/Role Management and Data Management for Oracle is highly preferable.
- - You possess experience in automation using Perl, Python and Unix shell scripting.
- - You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- - Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, including the shown ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- - Strong organization skills and professional demeanor. Ability to work under stress and handle difficult situations.
- - You are passionate and inquisitive, solving everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Work on security implementations currently in place and update them to keep them current. - Participate in periodic evaluation of database architecture to adhere to Apple established security baselines. - Use scripting tools and languages like Perl, Python to update scripts, procedures and process to rollout changes to large farm of servers and databases. - Conduct regular meetings with the Application and DBA to ensure Security standards are adequately implemented across the databases. - Strong skills in researching new technologies, engineering solutions and supporting the security problems related with them.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science