Marketing Operations Manager, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of creative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual to join the App Store Business Operations team. You will work on opportunities to optimize global business operations of the App Store for iOS, Mac, iMessage, Apple TV, and Apple Watch and support the development and roll-out of innovative processes and technology solutions that will increase efficiencies and scale the business.
- 5 years of experience in marketing operations and/or business/digital transformation projects
- 2+ years of relevant experience in management consulting or at a high-growth technology firm; Media and Entertainment experience a plus
- Experience working with cross functional global teams (business and technology) and managing the implementation of complex projects
- Proven ability to effectively interact and influence across all levels of the organization including senior management
- Excellent business sense, project management skills, relationship management skills, and the ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Experience with programming languages such as Python etc. to support reporting and automation of operational activities
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and experience developing dashboards and reporting tools using spreadsheet applications, Tableau etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize large amount of information and data to create a clear story digestible to different types of audience - business, engineering, executives etc.
- You are highly collaborative and self-motivated to work expertly in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- You have an enthusiastic outlook to problem solving and willingness to adapt to rapidly changing direction and new challenges
- Experience with Agile Software Development / Project Management methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of/ Experience in digital marketing and digital analytics a plus
- Knowledge of the iOS, macOS and App Store ecosystems a plus
You will work with cross functional global teams and senior management to support the development of business process and technology roadmaps in alignment with long term divisional strategies Analyze current state operations and propose to-be solutions that drive improvements to the organization WW or for addressing country-specific needs Partner with cross-functional business leaders across Marketing, Business Management, Editorial, Product etc. to define and document business use cases and requirements for process improvements/ technology solutions and prioritize these in alignment with strategic business goals Work with internal engineering teams, and external vendors as needed, to support the build and roll-out of technology solutions Aggressively track risks/issues with development and ensure business requirements are met Develop and document process flows and related tool guidance for new business processes resulting from business initiatives Support leadership in implementing new ideas effectively within the Apple culture and managing changes to improve the partner adoption of new tools or processes Define operational metrics and developing dashboards and other reporting tools for business partners and leadership to understand business performance
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Operations, Business, Information Systems or related field; Advanced degree a plus