Maps Software Engineering Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps Team is looking for a talented intern to join in Summer 2019. The internship provides a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge processing software and technologies as well as collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal. This internship provides a unique opportunity to contribute in the design and the implementation of efficient 3d processing, validation and visualization techniques.
- Being fluent in one of the following language: Swift/Objective-C/C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to dive into source code and analyze problems
- Completed projects or classes focused on 3D processing and/or rendering.
- Experience with asset content pipeline, writing plugins for authoring tools and dealing with 3d formats.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Metal or OpenGL
- Knowledge of WebGL is a plus
In this role you will accept challenges to find creative solutions to technically complex problems. You will work with engineers, designers, statisticians, cartographers, mapping experts and test engineers to improve a core product that touches millions of users worldwide each day. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Apple. Apple is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering