System Administrator Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software Engineering Operations (SEO) is seeking an experienced unix systems engineer to join our team. SEO is a diverse group of system engineers that collaborate with build and software engineering to provide systems and services that form the foundation of the build system that is responsible for assembling Apple’s software products.
- Minimum 5 years in unix systems administration in a large environment (500+ servers.)
- RHEL/Centos/OracleLinux 6/7 experience
- Capability to easily change priorities as the business dictates.
- Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Comfortable developing and maintaining complicated tools using languages like ruby, python, or perl.
- Great written and verbal communication skills; ability to create procedures and document processes.
This role will focus on designing, deploying and maintaining critical internal infrastructure services for Software Engineering. These services include large scale source control management, wiki services (Atlassian Confluence), and PostgreSQL deployments. The environment is fast paced, requiring an ability to work autonomously and to manage aggressive delivery schedules. Suitable candidates should have excellent problem solving skills and passion to improve existing process and systems. The right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills is key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities are essential. Specific responsibilities will include Providing support for Postgres, source control systems, and wiki services. Standard systems administration and engineering duties. Troubleshooting problems with internal mission critical services. Upgrading Unix systems and infrastructure applications. Modification or creation of configuration management modules.
Education & Experience
- Experience with the deployment and support of Web Applications with modern frameworks.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products like Bitbucket and Confluence.
- Puppet/Chef configuration management experience.
- FoundationDB/Cassandra experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with load balancing configuration.