Firmware Engineer, Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join a team of creative, high-energy, and enthusiastic multidisciplinary team in Health Technologies. We are looking for talented individuals who enjoy building firmware for microcontrollers and embedded processors, prototyping concepts, investigating new technologies, and ultimately delivering high-quality products. This is a great opportunity to be at the focal point of many multi-functional interactions with the hardware, software, research and medical teams.
- C or C++ for Embedded Systems.
- Experience working with microcontrollers with analog and digital sensors.
- Deep understanding of multiple communication protocols (e.g. UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Bluetooth, WiFi) including the use of logical/protocol analyzers.
- Experience implementing firmware in bare-metal or RTOS environments.
- Design, simulation and implementation of DSP and PID modules for embedded systems.
- Proven capability in applying software best-practices to firmware design and development.
- Proven board bring-up and debug skills including interpreting schematics and the use of test instruments such as DVM, signal generators, oscilloscope.
- Familiarity with off-the-shelf PC/Mac data acquisitions systems for proof of concept and prototype development.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
We develop prototype and product-intent hardware for physiological measurement applications. Your role will encompass a diverse array of responsibilities, including: Hardware architecture validation, Firmware design implementation, testing and deployment. PC/Mac data acquisitions implementation, analysis, and laboratory work. Partner closely with other teams at Apple to create seamless integration with hardware, sensors, software, and algorithms. Communicate well-reasoned architectures, designs, and measurement approaches to other teams and Apple leadership to ensure the success of our projects. You will work with us on Silicon Valley, California and participate in domestic and international travel. Our team goes on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. === DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: === Ability to design digital electronic systems or subassemblies including schematic, simulation and PCB layout. Understanding of EE concepts to effectively participate in design reviews. Ability to write simple iOS proof of concept and/or data visualization apps for internal use. Python fluency to develop manufacturing test scripts, data analysis and visualizations scripts for example. Familiarity with ARM architecture. Revision control systems like git Self-motivated, willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined requirements. A dedication to following our Company procedures and doing business in a manner consistent with our value
Education & Experience
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Position will require international travel