Financial Analyst: Forecasting Expert
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The analyst will provide support to the Country Managers for our major regions through understanding of the product trends, country seasonality, marketing strategies, currency and pricing impacts to prepare the quarterly Unit volume forecast. As a forecaster you will be required to work towards an accurate and thoughtful forecast for different product lines.
- 3-5 years of finance experience or related forecast/planning experience
- You can demonstrate the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Communicate effectively and experience in presenting point of view to senior management
- Demonstrate ability to capture and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level
- Demonstrate high level of data understanding to help senior management to make decisions
- Partner and influence to drive forecast accuracy
- High degree of proficiency in Excel required, experience with enterprise software systems (SAP) preferred but not required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Maintains a detailed weekly financial forecast by country and line of business. - Analyzes weekly results in order to judge and maintain quarterly forecast. This understanding includes consumer offers, seasonality, and supply constraints. - Deep understanding of economic conditions of major countries in Latin America. - Communicates properly to defend its view of the forecast, make suggestions, and explain changes in trends. Will be the liaison between sales, Supply, Ops and Worldwide teams. - Have experience and understanding of demand fluctuations related to introduction of new products as well as price move. - Requires constant communication with country leads to review trends, deals and Mix. - Requires expertise in systems. You can be strong at systems to be able to build reports, upload and download data from more than one system. (SAP, Grid, Demantra, Essbase, Tableau) - You have also excellent writing skills as it will be require to work in the quarterly business review document prepared to corporate with all the analytics and market information for the quarter. - Collaborate with other finance team to understand and suggest strategic actions that will drive elasticity of demand. - Collaborate on the Yearly plan, which requires intelligence from the different economies in regards to demand trends and consumer behavior. - The role will require a lot of Ad hoc analysis, preparation of reporting for quarterly reviews - RTM (Route-to-Market) reporting and forecasting to complement current structure - Attend weekly meetings with operations team to drive discussions on supply allocation, weeks of inventory and product mix to properly support sales expectations In addition to owning the current quarter forecast, responsible for forecasting future quarters as required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a meaningful field, preferably in business administration, accounting or finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English (required).
- English, Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.