Tax Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- Minimum 10-15 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm concentrating on tax incentives.
- Strong income tax skills and knowledge of sales tax and property tax a plus.
- The candidate must have good analytical skills, be detailed oriented, be able to lead multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The position requires an individual with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Travel requirements: 30% or less.
- Solid background in U.S. corporate tax compliance, GAAP, and other related U.S. accounting standards and principles.
- Strong tax technical and accounting skills, ability to communicate technical issues clearly and work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to research complex tax issues and provide reasonable basis for tax positions.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our Corporate Tax Department. This person will report to the Senior Tax Director responsible for US, Canada, and ALAC. You will lead US & Canada incentives related to the film industry. Negotiate income, property, and sales tax incentives for film business. You will also manage purchase of film credits throughout US Assist in state income tax planning.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance/ MST or CPA is a plus. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.