Product Graphics Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Product Graphics Designer manages the graphic design for a category of new and sustaining hardware products and their related components. You understand the Apple design intent and achieve the vision while aligning with regulatory constraints. In this role, you will ensure the execution of final design for assigned projects in a large-scale manufacturing environment that reflects Apple standards for simplicity and elegance. The day- to-day expectations vary, so a can-do, achiever who is able to work in the grey while paving new roads. You'll partner with Cross-Functional teams (local and in-region/inside and outside of Marcom); hardware engineering teams, and 200+ suppliers.
- You have 5+ years relevant experience in a graphic design organization for consumer electronics preferred.
- You collaborate and demonstrate a flexible approach to working across multiple teams and styles.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and handle ambiguity with grace.
- You love the details (highly meticulous), simultaneously demonstrating the ability to envision a macro view of design objectives and foresee potential roadblocks.
- You are inventive and enthusiastic, a problem solver, at ease with being part of a growing organization. You dream of working in a creative environment, learn quickly, and you can accommodate rapid change.
- You are enthusiastic about supporting team-culture, are a strong team partner and coach.
- Expertise in 3D print/marking techniques and manufacturing processes is required.
- You love Apple and care deeply about product graphics. You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly, and have patience for the process—both engineering and design.
- Computer skills/software: Expert in Adobe CC (specifically Illustrator), and other applications
- including Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign.
- Basic knowledge of database/operations systems is preferred, such as Agile, Radar, Incline.
- You are available for both domestic and international travel (at least 10 percent of time).
-Collaborate with Producers to gather design assets necessary to build artwork (CAD drawings, regulatory, safety, cross-functional and in region content, product code numbers, and branding names). -Brainstorm with Product Graphics Sr. Designers and ID to develop and finalize graphic studies. -Apply typography standard methodologies, line-weight, how type relates on varying surfaces (plastics/metals/fibers/other material), as well as an assortment of print methods. -Ensure consistency in minimalist design style and product ecosystem for Apple design consistency. -With the support of Product Graphics Producers, secure artwork for approval from all relevant cross-functional teams. -Review photo/FAI (first article inspection) to ensure correct artwork implementation. Work with Producers and Suppliers directly to communicate and resolve implementation issues.
Education & Experience
BA degree in Graphic Design preferred.