Device Management Engineer/ System Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here to help students get excited about learning and employees work more efficiently by making it easier for organizations to configure and lead Apple devices in schools and businesses around the world. Managed Configuration is the technology which enables device management tools from both Apple and many third-party partners to remotely handle millions of Apple devices every day. The Device Management team is looking for a committed, highly competent engineer to chip in to current and future application technologies that enable our customers to lead Apple devices for their users.
- Passion to create amazing products which users will love
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience implementing applications or frameworks for iOS or macOS using Objective-C
- Experience implementing client to server network communications
- Experience developing and shipping consumer-oriented applications
- Experience with key Apple technologies like CoreData, libdispatch, multi-threading, XPC
- Familiarity with Apple application UI guidelines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- You will join a hands-on development team that champions creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues.
- Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Device Management Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
You possess the technical knowledge and collaboration and communication skills necessary for success as a dependable member of our team. A passion for elegant design, innovative technologies, and continuously improving one's skill set are also important success factors. In this role you will work on a variety of technologies including Cocoa user interfaces, networking protocols, and interprocess communication. You will be working in an engineering team responsible for key Apple technologies serving the needs of family, education, and business customers. The opportunities within our group continue to grow and now is a wonderful time to become a part of it. Take advantage of this opportunity to contribute your own enthusiasm and expertise while learning from a community of dedicated engineers who work together to make great products our users love while building a stronger team. As a member of the Managed Configuration team you will have the opportunity to influence product features, implement new OS level functionality, and work multi-functionally with many other teams across Apple to design and implement innovative solutions to the problems organizations face while incorporating technology without compromising the Apple user experience for the end user of each device. Managed Configuration is the layer within iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS which is relied upon by many system components for leading settings locally as well as handles communication with device management tools like Apple Configurator and MDM servers. Because most system components need to be led in some way, the Managed Configuration team gets to interact with many different engineering teams across the company, from system and Apple's App Store apps to low-level OS infrastructure. Apple's commitment to developing innovative solutions for education and enterprise customers has never been stronger and we have more exciting features in the works that will delight our customers. If you are excited about enabling the use of the latest Apple devices and technology in schools and businesses around the world come join our team and make a difference!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent
- Existing product in the Mac or iOS App Store
- Experience with system-level performance optimization