Software Engineer - Apple Device Services (Austin, Texas)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Be a part of the most revolutionary products in the market today -- the revolutionary iPhone, the magical iPad, and the Apple Watch. The Device Services team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions to activate iPhones, iPads, iPods, Apple TVs, and Apple Watches and Home Pods worldwide. We work closely with teams all across Apple including iOS software engineering, Apple Care, Apple Retail, MFi and backend IT systems, as well as carriers and other third parties.
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional programming position is preferred.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design experience, including Java.
- Top-notch experience with both Oracle and Cassandra.
- Practical experience providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON.
- Experience with processing large amounts of data.
- Experience with queueing systems like AMQP or Kafka or JMS is a plus.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks, including JUnit and TestNG, is a plus.
- Experience with Hibernate or other ORM frameworks is a plus.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience in the wireless industry, or practical experience and a demonstrated interest in client/server development that involves iOS or other mobile platforms, would serve to set you apart.
Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications? Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis? Do you want your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people? If so, Device Services is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who is not afraid to think outside the box and question assumptions. In this role, you will be part of a fast growing, cohesive team with many exciting responsibilities related to iOS, including: - Supporting the production, sale, and activation of millions of iOS devices per year, including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, AppleTV, Apple Watch and Home Pod. - Working closely with iOS hardware and software teams to prepare for next-generation devices and software. - Contributing to Apple’s pioneering efforts in eSIM. - Working with MFI and other Apple teams to extend our presence with Software Authentication - Developing scalable, robust systems that will be highly adaptable to changing business needs.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/ Engineering or equivalent industry experience