QA Engineer - Podcasts
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced tester to work as part of our expanding quality assurance group. In this role you will be responsible for defining test approaches and test plans for assigned functional test areas, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests. You will own complete functional areas and must be able to define test approaches and strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, Integration and reliability testing for both mobile and desktop applications. Excellent written and verbal communications is a must. You must be comfortable working across multiple teams; administering cross functional meetings; presenting feature definition, discussing QA team responsibilities, sending out meeting minutes, organizing test results, and rolling up the results to management.
- Work experience testing with iOS and tvOS is a must. Knowledge of macOS and watchOS is a plus
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Demonstrate ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Extensive use of QA tools and automation.
- Use of CharlesProxy or use of any network monitoring tools
- Comfortable with command line use (terminal)
- Video knowledge desirable
The SQA Engineer is expected to possess the skills necessary for working closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the development process. This position requires a self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. You must be systematic at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk. In addition, this position requires someone who is ‘very detailed oriented’, can juggle manual as well as automation testing, and can work in a fast-paced testing environment.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience