Global Sales Strategy and Operations Manager, Search Ads
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Search Ads on the App Store help people find the apps they’re going to love, every day, on every search. For iOS developers of all sizes, Search Ads is an easy, efficient and fast-growing platform for app discovery. With over 65% of all app downloads resulting directly from a search on the App Store, Search Ads is quickly becoming the app promotion platform of choice. We are looking for a smart, motivated Sales Strategy & Operations Manager to support our growing Search Ads business globally. In this role, you will ensure that the Partner Development organization focuses on the most impactful activities and operates in the most efficient way. You’ll help us lead priorities, measure success and run the operational aspects of the team. You’ll be responsible for developing recommendations and crafting solutions to complex, ambiguous and high visibility business issues, with the goal of driving significant business growth. As the trusted lieutenant to the global director of Partner Development, you’ll focus on the running and improvement of the business cadence (planning, budgeting, business reviews), setting and improving processes, monitoring execution and driving accountability and visibility of progress against goals and objectives. You will be discrete, high-energy, agile-minded, strategic, dedicated, a direct communicator, highly organized and able to thrive in a dynamic, complex environment.
- 10-15 years of experience, preferably in a project management or business administration role and/or within a digital or performance sales organization. Background in strategy, consulting or marketing is a plus.
- Extraordinary communication and social skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the sales strategy.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Intelligent self starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and take action style. Independent and self-sufficient, able to excel within autonomy and ambiguity. You’re smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and dedicated. You’ve got an unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
- Experience working in a global organization, with demonstrated sensitivity to market fluctuations.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans. Financial analysis skills are critical.
- Execution Focus: We require that you focus on what matters and obsess on the details that will enable sales leadership to develop and implement global and regional sales strategies. You’ll translate big picture goals into day to day accountability for the sales organization and our cross-functional partners. Develop and lead reporting frameworks for sales and account management staff that will drive consistency and efficiency. You’re consistent about setting clear objectives and measures, and diligent about monitoring progress, process and results. You’ll want to see it all, so that you can assess what we have accomplished and what needs to be done. - Organizational Agility: You’re already knowledgeable about how sales organizations work, but you’ll become the authority in getting things done here both through formal channels and the informal network of cross-functional partners. Collaborate with finance, marketing, product, and operations, bringing these groups together to ensure successful initiatives, like new product or new market launches. You’re supremely organized and will keep track of any internal dependencies. - Data Driven: We obsess on detail. You will drill down and analyze relevant data to run the business. You’ll assess market opportunities for various channels, geographies and service levels, finding pockets of value that will boost sales performance. Your research will inform go-to-market strategies for Search Ads, as well as improvements to our Partner Development team’s capabilities and performance. Your insight and analysis will help sales leaders evolve early stage ideas into future growth initiatives. - Talent Optimization: We focus on the people. You will make sure that the sales team is set up for success by up-leveling job descriptions, ensure we have the most effective interviewing, hiring and on-boarding process. You will analyze compensation and incentives plans to make sure we are a leader in the marketplace. - Process Improvements: You’ll define and refine the way sales brings customer and market feedback back into the organization for the greatest impact. You’ll actively identify gaps and issues across the Ad Platform sales team and recommend solutions/programs to address them.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Business Administration, Analytics or related field. MBA or advanced graduate degree preferred.