Communications Strategist, Retail Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Communications Strategist for our rapidly evolving Internal Retail Communications team. You will join us at a time when we are designing the future of internal communications for our Retail Store, Contact Center, and Global Retail Support employees. Motivated by a new daily editorial platform and a mission to create interactive, dynamic meetings and events, our work is becoming more intuitive, responsive, and relevant to the needs of the business and how our audience consumes and experiences content. You will become a key player in bringing our vision to life. You are a brilliant story-teller, a natural builder of relationships, and an empathetic voice for the field. Creative teams trust your input and guidance. Business partners have faith in your strategic chops. You connect the dots. You push the boundaries. You ground the work in what’s needed now, but also have an eye to what could be. And most of all, you are deeply in tune with our audience of amazing and talented store and contact center employees around the world. This role is part strategist, part account manager, and part editor. As a strategist, you live and breathe planning. You know every communication has a goal. You are the master of crafting the vision and roadmap. You synthesize large amounts of information into key insights that are compelling. You cut through clutter with plans that put the right information in the right place at the right time. As an account manager, you boldly lead and influence as part of your DNA. You are especially savvy navigating a large organization and have the skills to work across a complex matrix of partners. You have a passion for nurturing relationships and use that rapport to align partners around a vision. When you’re on point, your plans provide the creative team with clarity, leaving no ambiguity about objective. And as an editor, you build strong, focused narratives work ranging from seasonal campaigns, product launches, and employee initiatives. You see opportunities for well-timed and inspiring articles, informational posts, engaging videos, and more. You don’t chase stories, but instead shape multiple inputs into daily news formats that are actionable, scannable, and relevant. You find the rhythm of a daily news cycle exciting.
- 7-10+ years developing, creating and presenting custom communication plans within a media, publishing, digital marketing, and/or advertising agency environment.
- You are dynamic, learning agile and motivated by daily deadlines.
- A demonstrated passion for how audiences consume and experience digital content.
- Extraordinary ability to grow internal relationships across a wide range of teams.
- We value your proven ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective communications strategies that support the audience and improve business results.
- Strong executional chops, with an infectious commitment to drive work from brief to go live.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with international peers to define global communication strategies.
- Well versed in Apple’s history and exemplify the company culture in communications and interactions.
Design integrated communication plans, assess employee and business needs, define goals, identify solutions and engage stakeholders and creative teams towards a final vision. Possess a strong editorial point of view. Write clear and concise creative briefs, and partner with the creative and producer teams through development and execution. Lead the development of project timelines and define creative asset needs, working cross-functionally with business and creative partners. Maintain a thorough understanding of emerging digital media trends and methods, and integrate these practices into actionable plans. Be the communication expert in negotiating with partners and business leaders. Resolve challenges that arise during execution and address roadblocks. Lead the way through dynamic change where roles and the work are actively evolving. Be able to explain the value of digital media, editorial programming, and communication techniques to non-creative audiences, both in person and in writing. Develop success metrics and share results with the communication team, stakeholders and leaders.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred