Retail Real Estate and Development Innovation Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
To manage the development of construction-ready, integrated custom building systems for Apple’s Retail Real Estate and Development group worldwide. Work with all of Apple Retail to provide maintainable solutions that meet operational and aesthetic needs. Provide strategic direction formulating and executing comprehensive initiative programs that are in support of Apple retail store projects.
- 10+ years of project management within the architectural and/or construction industry
- Knowledge of the requirements to develop building systems and technologies, and their integration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide range of design, construction, and technology specialists
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to develop meaningful internal and external partnerships
- Excellent organization skills, problem solving skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick learner and self starter who is comfortable working independently
Manage improvement of existing and development of new custom systems for Apple’s Retail program including lighting, merchandise display systems, and architectural systems (such as framing and cladding) that integrate building systems. Develop detailed briefs in response to initiative requests, requiring cross functional collaboration within the Real Estate and Development department as well as the greater Apple Retail team to fully outline the scope and impact. Outline and manage initiative schedule from brief development through handover and implementation. Prepare and manage a budget inclusive of consultant costs, vendor costs, mockup costs, etc, to fully develop an initiative. Assess impact to the store project cost model, and specific stores as applicable, for the initiative under development. Coordinate impact throughout the life of the initiative. Assess the overall store cut in strategy, which may include store specific schedule analysis. Coordinate impact throughout the life of the initiative. Present as needed to senior leadership for approval to proceed. Assess, assign and on board external consultant and vendor team. Develop thorough vendor Scopes of Work. Prepare and manage necessary legal documents in support of consultant and vendor engagements. Guide assigned Innovation Design Manger(s) towards efficient use of initiative budget and schedule. Prepare final initiative handover package, and ensure all related and affected parties are signed off.
Education & Experience
- Understanding of Mac OS and Mac software such as Keynote, Numbers and Pages
- Excel proficiency is a plus
- Familiarity with common industry scheduling software, budgeting software
- Retail Development Experience