Sr User Researcher
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
IS&T is not your traditional IT shop. IS&T team collaborates with our business partners to deliver world-class solutions, powering the most innovative company in the world. We also provide the technology to ensure that the company runs on Apple time. The IS&T User Experience team is seeking a UX Research Lead, who will assess the usability of IS&T’s products. You will uncover insights into who our users are, what they currently experience, and what they truly need. You will guide the product teams in applying the most effective approach for achieving our research goals and will help them work together to arrive at actionable user insights.
- - 5+ years experience conducting UX research and user testing in industry or academia
- - Proven track record of leading research, and collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, and build better products.
- - Experience in qualitative research methods, including ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, and participatory design
- - Perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased view of users, and translating user insights into action items for product teams
- - Knowledgeable about quantitative research methodologies, usability and principles of effective design
- - Experience in building and executing participant recruitment processes.
- - Experience advocating for, implementing, and interpreting analytics
- - Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- - Empathetic towards users, with a great ability to listen.
- - Experience in enterprise applications a plus
As a Senior User Researcher, you are well-versed in a range of research methodologies, experienced in planning and conducting studies, and focused on delivering insights that directly inform product roadmaps. You will use your creative and strategic approach for research. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Collaborating with product teams to define the research and identify target users - Developing a research approach and detailed study plan - Crafting research materials including screeners, guides, and scripts. - Communicating with participants to recruit and schedule participation. - Working closely with cross functional teams throughout research, analysis, and synthesis. - Communicating findings and recommendations in compelling ways - Helping product teams stay focused by advocating for users - Contributing strategies, resources, and findings to the UX Research program
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology or related field