Business Development Manager - Merchant Partnerships, Apple Pay eCommerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple Pay is seeking an expert Business Development professional to join the Apple Pay team to promote Apple Pay merchant acceptance and consumer adoption on Web sites, in apps, and thru new commerce experiences such as omni-channel retail. The position will run the end-to-end business development execution. This includes the development of relationships, strategic alliances with merchants and supporting technology partnerships primarily in the U.S., Canada, the identification and development of fast-growing merchant verticals (ecosystems value chain, key partners), supporting and leveraging the development of successful marketing programs, negotiating and closing of commercial agreements. You should be eager to ideate, craft, orchestrate, and deliver new, innovative commerce experiences with merchants and partners. This would require strong interest and ability to go deep on product. You will work closely and effectively with Apple Pay senior executives and business, product and engineering teams to jointly identify partnership strategies and launch programs that impact core business metrics. You should have a consistent track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across traditional consumer verticals, consumer internet companies and emerging start-ups. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs preferred. This is a full time position and is located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 12+ years of professional experience with 8+ years in business development in eCommerce and omni-channel retail.
- Direct experience structuring partnerships with stakeholders in key commerce verticals including: national retailers, eCommerce merchants and platforms, airlines, hospitality, QSRs/FCRs, food delivery platforms, ride shares, gambling, and billers.
- Deep understanding of consumer payment products and strong product and technical skills necessary to understand and promote Apple Pay and new commerce experiences.
- Proven success in positions of leadership including recruiting, developing, and fostering strong business development teams.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external collaborators.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative), and drives appropriate performance tracking and analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across stakeholders.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering with minimal mentorship.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
•Engage at very senior levels and guide executives internally and externally through partnership vision and tactical execution including identification and screening of strategic partners, development of impactful marketing programs and successful negotiation and close of commercial agreements for Apple Pay features. •Lead and partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. •Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. •Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. •25%+ travel required
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, MBA preferred